Variety Show Information
*Registration Link at the bottom of the page.*
Performance Night: Thursday, May 25th 5:00 PM at Bedford Middle School
- Part 1 Performers: Report to Bedford promptly at 4:45 PM to check in at the cafeteria. They should be dressed to perform. The show will begin at 5:00 pm. Once checked in they will stay with an assigned volunteer.
- Part 2 Performers: Arrive at BMS in costume and remain with a parent or guardian until intermission. Any special props can be dropped off backstage labeled with the act number.
- We ask all performers and KHS community members to be respectful audience members. Extra walking around and socializing will not be permitted while performers are on stage.
- Charitable donations to Ben's Bells Project will be collected during the show. Click HERE to donate online.
- No food or drink will be permitted in the auditorium. Please plan accordingly.
Rehearsal: Monday, May 22nd 4:15 - 6:30PM at BMS (estimate)
- Students who can not attend the rehearsal can still participate in the show. Please email Tara Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you know you will not be attending rehearsal.
- Performers will be assigned an act number and a practice time once registration closes. Practice times will be posted (here) on the KHS Variety show webpage.
- Rehearsal time is used to test microphones, organize stage positions, and test music. Not all performers perform their entire act through. The main purpose of this practice time is to test music, microphones, and the logistics of prop placement and removal.
- Group acts should make plans to arrive at rehearsal together.
- Any student playing an instrument can skip rehearsal if they are already comfortable performing on stage.
- Act order and rehearsal times also posted in foyer
- Part 1: Acts 1-50 Rehearse 4:15 -5:15 at BMS
- Part 2: Acts 51-94 Rehearse 5:15-6:15 at BMS
Background Music: Due May 12th (or earlier!)
- Music not turned in by date listed above may not be available at rehearsal.
- Digital music files can be emailed to Mrs. Doyle (email@example.com).
- CD's can be placed in the Variety Show collection box in the office (labeled with the student's name, track title/number, and classroom teacher name). CD's will be returned to students once their track has been added to our playlist.
- All tracks will be played from the beginning and then turned off after 60 seconds unless otherwise indicated.
Part 1: Acts 1-50 Rehearse 4:15 -5:15 at BMS
Part 2: Acts 51-94 Rehearse 5:15-6:15 at BMS
Act order and rehearsal times also posted in foyer
- Rehearsal Day: Monday, May 22, 2017 at Bedford Middle School. See below for details.
- Performance Night: Thursday, May 25th, 2017 at Bedford Middle School.
- Registration Open: May 1-15th
- All performances limited to 60 seconds.
- Students may only be on stage once.
- Students are responsible for individualized props. The school can provide a piano, music stands, chairs and gym mats.
- Donations collected at the performance will go to The Ben's Bells Project.